Previous Home Next

Hayth's Hotel

Fincastle 175

Fincastle 175

Hayth's Hotel on Roanoke Street also was saved from destruction by Historical Fincastle, Inc.'s persistence. The hotel first opened in 1875 as the town rebuilt from its devastating fire of 1870; by the turn of the century it had become famous for its fine cuisine and sparkling entertainment. It was purchased from the county in 1981 and sold by Historical Fincastle, Inc. later that year with protective covenants in the deed.


Last update 10/29/2012


All © proofs, pictures & negatives are the exclusive property of
Lynda Troutt Murphy & Murphy’s, Inc.

The right of reproduction is in accordance with all U.S. Copyright Laws.


Contact Murphy's, Inc.


Solution Graphics