The Hayth Hotel located on Roanoke Street was saved from
destruction by Historical Fincastle, Inc.'s persistence. The hotel first opened
in 1875 as the town rebuilt from its devastating fire of 1870; by the turn of
the century it had become famous for its fine cuisine and sparkling
entertainment. It was purchased from the county in 1981 and sold by Historical
Fincastle, Inc. later that year with protective covenants in the deed.