Previous Home Next

The Backenstoe House

Fincastle 147

Fincastle 147

The Backenstoe House, circa 1783, was built with logs, covered with clapboard and was two stories. Gray's 1880 map indicated that a large room and porch were added to finish the structure.


Last update 10/29/2012


All © proofs, pictures & negatives are the exclusive property of
Lynda Troutt Murphy & Murphy’s, Inc.

The right of reproduction is in accordance with all U.S. Copyright Laws.


Contact Murphy's, Inc.


Solution Graphics