The Big Spring
The Big Spring was public watering place dating back to the years when the
Indians inhabited the area. King George III granted the land to Israel Christian
and he included it in the original boundaries of Fincastle in 1770.
All © proofs, pictures & negatives are
the exclusive property of
Lynda Troutt Murphy & Murphy’s, Inc.
The right of reproduction is in
accordance with all U.S. Copyright Laws.